- Guardia Civil Senior Officer. Degree by the Spanish Military Academy, Zaragoza.
- High Staff Studies Degree, conducted by the Spanish National Defence Superior Centre.
- Master of Security Management conducted by Francisco de Vitoria University, Madrid.
- Master of Security Management conducted by UNED University, Madrid.
- Master of CIP Expert conducted by UNED University, Madrid.
Mr. Sánchez has been working on defense and security matters for 25 years within the Ministry of Interior, and has been related to CIP issues for 10 years now. Currently, he coordinates the drafting and development of diverse regulation on CIP in Spain. He’s been part of the working groups which have draft the Spanish Cybersecurity National Strategy and Security National Strategy for Energy. He is a member of the Spanish National Committee for CIP, and stands in for the Contact Point of the Spanish State with the European Union and other countries in the field of critical infrastructure protection. He also participates regularly in several working groups at national and international level.